Oats have been known to do some amazing things for our health; lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, enhance immune response, stabilize blood sugar, lower the risks associated with Type 2 Diabetes, prevent asthma, help prevent breast cancer, and more. With all of these benefits, why wouldn't you want to eat oats on a regular basis?
That is why we have created the perfect snack bar, packed full of antioxidants and disease fighting power, these Oat & Blueberry Bars are not only low in sugar, they contain no gluten, no nuts, and no dairy.
We warn you, these goodies will go fast!
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup date sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup date sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In saucepan, bring blueberries, date sugar and water to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir until thickened, then place in the refrigerator for later use.
- Prepare Crust/Topping Mixture. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, oat flour, date sugar, and salt. Slowly add in applesauce to create a crumbly mixture. Save 1 1/2 cups of the crumbs, and pat the rest evenly into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Now spread the blueberry mixture over the crust and crumble the rest of the crust/topping mixture over the blueberry layer.
- Bake until golden brown, about 40-45 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.