Spicy Parsnip Mashed "Potatoes"
This pureé is a great alternative to your traditional mashed potatoes. Goes great with meatloaf, burgers, etc!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 88g
Dietary Fiber 24g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 6 parsnips (~1.5 lb)
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp lactose-free butter (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop carrots and parsnip into small chunks. Combine carrots, parsnip, broth, water, and butter into a medium sized pot and bring to a boil. Cover pot and reduce to simmer. Let simmer for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Pour ingredients with butter and seasonings into a blender/food processor and blend until smooth consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
Happy Body Kitchen http://happybodykitchen.com/