Oh man, I am so excited to share these mint chocolate energy balls with you guys. If you like peppermint patties, these taste just like that! Seriously. They are super addictive, which is fine by me, because they are also healthy. At only 130 calories per bite and no sugar added, you can feel guilt-free indulging in these little balls of goodness.
What makes them so amazing?
-No Refined Sugar
-Under 30 Minute Recipe
So, go on and enjoy! Try them out for yourself, and let me know what you think.
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- 1 cup almonds, soaked
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp peppermint oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup almonds, ground
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar, broken into small bits
- Soak dates and almonds in warm water for 10 minutes. Once soaked, drain the water and blend the dates and almonds in a food processor until well combined, about 1 minute. It is okay if there are still pieces of almonds not fully ground, these give the energy balls a nice crunch!
- Now add cocoa powder, peppermint oil, and water to the food processor and blend.
- Scoop out the contents into a medium sized bowl. Using a spoon or spatula mix in ground almonds and broken chocolate pieces.
- Now form mixture into small balls and place in a medium container or on a plate. Makes about 12 energy balls.
- Store in fridge for up to one week. Best eaten after being in fridge overnight.
- To make small chocolate pieces, place a chocolate bar in a plastic bag and crush using a pot or hammer.