Healthy & Homemade In 5 Minutes
Let me fill you guys in on a little secret. You ready? Almond milk is incredibly easy and quick to make! I can't tell you how many people are shocked when I mention that I make my own almond milk on a regular basis, but I can't blame them. I used to once think that it must, in fact, be a very complex task that needed a bunch of fancy equipment. Well, that just isn't the case!
There are only 3 ingredients in almond milk:
And you just need 3 kitchen items:
- Milk Bag
- Pitcher/Milk Jug
You simply combine all of the ingredients in a blender, then strain the milk into a bowl or pitcher. It takes less than 5 minutes, and is so much healthier and tastier than store bought varieties! So, if you don't have one already, purchase a milk bag, and start making your very own almond milk!
- 7 cups water
- 2 cups almonds
- 4-5 dates
- Combine all ingredients into a blender, and blend on high for 1 minute. Pour mixture into a milk bag over a large bowl to strain out milk. Gently squeeze the milk out of the milk bag to ensure you do not tear it. This should only take a few minutes. Once all the milk has been strained, pour the milk into a pitcher or 1/2 gallon milk jug and enjoy!
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- The dates used in the recipe help to bring out the natural flavors of the milk. Most store bought unsweetened almond milk contains sugar - its just not the good kind!
- This is not a sweetened almond milk! To sweeten, simply double the dates (I prefer 10) and add 1 tsp of vanilla (optional).
- Please disregard the beta* nutrition analysis below. The calories, fats, etc are incorrect for this recipe as the milk is strained from the almonds.